Thursday, May 10, 2012

How do you do it?

First of all I want to say sorry for not posting every day like I wanted to. Life kinda got away from me for a few days.

I have been asked one certain question over and over and over again. Most of the time it is when somebody sees what I got threw. Like the teachers at school when David has a seizure. That question is " HOW DO YOU DO IT?"

The answer to this question differs due to the situation.  If we are just having an off day and nothing is going right for any of us...just take a deep breath. This is what I have learned...If you complain it isn't going to help and fix anything. It might just make things worse. So I take a deep breath and think of other people that is going threw worse...like childhood cancer.

"How do you deal with David having seizures?" Once again take a deep breath and push threw it. It is not something that I done wrong or something that his daddy done wrong. It just happened. Even though David isn't the "normal" 7 year old ( what ever normal is ) he is perfect in his own ways. Yes he is different from my healthy daughter but he is perfect in his own little ways.

"How do you deal with going to a children's hospital?" To my opinion I would rather take my children, yes both of them, to a children's hospital where I know there is going to be nurses, doctors, and staff that understands children and knows how to help without forcing them to do something. David don't like for his blood pressure to be taken but the nurses at the children's hospital that knows how to distract him long enough to get a reading or at least try so they can put down that we tried.

"How do you deal with all the health problems while your husband is driving a semi over the road?"
This is no different then him having a local job. Health problems ( seizures, fevers, falls, everything) is going to happen rather he is home or not. Just because he is home doesn't mean that nothing is going to happen, even though we love it when that is the case.

"What do you do to release stress? Meaning what do you do for your "ME" time?" This one is a fun question because I like to do several things.
I like to crochet, bake, make candles, and make hair bows/ hair bands and holders. I also like to pain but I don't do it often.
I have an online shop that has a little of everything in it....June's Pretty Things. You will be able to find ready to ship items and you can always customize items.
So to answer that question...I, most of the time, do one of my crafts. I have a few things I need to add to the shop that is ready to ship.

Those are the most common questions I get. If you have any other questions please leave them in the comments and I will answer them next Thursday on Q&A day.

Tomorrow I will have a guest post on autism :) Kids with autism is some of the sweetest kids that I know. So please check back tomorrow and read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment